Sunday, September 19, 2010

once upon a time

i treasured a beautiful bowl
as my most prized possession
i would hold it in my hands
gazing at it with adoration

i would run my fingers gently
across its multi-textured surface
decorated with gold and silver
as it bedazzeled my senses

not long ago i was startled
by a door harshly slammed shut
and my bowl, my lovely bowl
slipped from my fingers

i watched it fall to the floor
and shatter into tiny pieces
very tiny meaningless pieces
scattered about my feet

i picked up the pieces
large and medium and small
and with patience and love
i glued them together over time

my bowl was never the same
is spite of patience and effort
it was warped and it leaked
and had lost its bright lustre

and so too it is with love
once upon a time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home